Monday, November 17, 2008
Why Would I Leave?
This past week I had the most daunting task of thinking about why I would leave a relationship. No it's not something I think about or even remotely want to think about but as an assignment for my communications class, had to think about. As I was finishing up my paper last night I asked Jeff if he thought that I would leave if he was abusive. He said NO. He thought that I would stick around. He said I would do it for the kids. Maybe after they were gone I would leave. I had to laugh because, wouldn't I leave for the kids? It was funny because I kind of had the feeling like he didn't think I would actually leave because of something like this. I must come off as a pretty needy person and he's the one who should know me best. Anyway, I was really surprised about the answers I came up with on this paper and really didn't find a lot of sold reasons for leaving unless they were really on the excessive/addictive/abusive side. I'm lucky I got someone who's so laid back. Unfortunately one of the things on the list was unambitious, and lacks motivation. Although this wasn't one of my top 3, I had to think long and hard about this one. Should I stay or should I go? Humm, tough decision. I guess I can live with it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If that situation were ever to come up, it would probably be him leaving you because you were abusive. Ha ha! Did you think of that angle for your paper?
Post a Comment