Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gender Confusion?

Tonight we watched Charlies Browns Thanksgiving. I'm not sure how many of you have seen it but Snoopy makes dinner and they have popcorn, toast, pretzel sticks, what looks like jelly beans and some kind of dessert. Peppermint Patty invites herself over and then basically tells Charlie Brown that his dinner sucks. Now Peppermint Patty realizes that she has hurt her love objects feelings and sends her little friend Lucy to make Charlie Brown feel better. Natalie looks at me and says "He should go apologize. He shouldn't make his friend do it." I said "Natalie that is a girl." She said "It is?" I nodded. She got the most confused look on her face. I remember when I was younger and not being able to tell if Peppermint Patty was a boy or girl. As a matter of fact I'm not sure I figured it out until tonight. As a child I was really confused by this cartoon. I didn't really like it but it gave me a reason to stay up a little bit later when it was on. Does anyone know if Charlie Brown ever gets the little red head girl?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now they won't confirm this, but I know the little red hair girl. She now works here in Page at Denny's. Apparently Charlie Brown knocked her up after Prom and then ran off and moved when he found out. He's a loser. Now Charlie's bast--- is in the juvenile detention center in Flag. Bad seed for not having a loving father around is his excuse.

Undercover Clown said...

I like peppermint patty she is my favorite second only to pigpen, she was one of those girls who wouldn't do weird girlie things and make hanging out awkward. Also I don't think charlie brown gets the little red head girl ... he lost that race before it even started.