
I love thanksgiving mostly because it doesn't require anything (ei. gifts) except for showing up and sharing yummy yummy food. I can't believe that I showed up to my brother house and partook in an animal that once looked like this:
Now, the one I ate was minus the feathers and really didn't look anything like this one. It was just a bunch of skin. Since my dad is a meat cutter he debones the turkey, it tends to resemble a frog more than a turkey, thus virtually eliminating all need to cut it up when it is cooked. Through the years dad has tried various cooking techniques and thankfully there was no experimenting this year. I'm sure there are those who remember the, turkey chicken cornish hen fiasco and even more recently the turkey ham fiasco. We like to call it the "hamurkey".
No comments:
Post a Comment