Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Motorcycle love.....

In my daily travels, all 30-40 miles round trip a day, I tend to see a lot of people on motorcycles either heading to or from the National Parks. Sometimes they are in huge groups and other times they will have just a few people or one rider. Honestly, I can't even say they are always on motorcycles, I see people on mopeds also. Anyway, with my mind usually lost in thoughts I go driving down the highway and see these people making hand gestures to each other. I know most of the hand signals they use for line formations, turning, flipping people off and stuff like that but there is one that eludes me. I believe it is a peace sign but they could just be flipping each other off in a whole new way. They usually do it when they are passing each other on the road, not riding side by side. Commonsense tells me it is a peace sign but maybe it means anarchy and death to all who oppose. So in my own mind I believe that some riders show a little love to one another with this sign. I know it is so...so wrong but I call it motorcycle love in the memory of 2Pac. (Sorry Garret be a lover not a fighter.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Yeah! No, motorcycle riders often wave to each other. It's like you're all friends. Exccept Harley riders. They seem to only wave to other Harley riders. I got more waves riding my cruiser then when I ride my sports bike. Generally we all wave. Some people do the peace sign. Some people just hold there hand out. It's kind of cool to be a part of. In a way all riders watch out for each other. Plenty of times I've chatted with other riders about where we've just come from or places we've been just filling up at a gas station. I should have made this a blog of my own.

A said...

You should have, but Ha I'm just so imaginative. Actually I was kind of stretching the imagination yesterday. Feel free to steal. I won't be jealous...much. (Sniffle)