I had to run to the store this morning to pick up a few items namely batteries so my mouse would work so I chose to go to OfficeMax becaue it is the closest office supply store in the area. The store had just barely opened and it looked like they were having a sales staff meeting. No sooner I walked in the door someone approached me and asked if I needed help finding anything. Well, seeing I just needed pens and batteries I thought I could handle it. I told him I knew where everything was that I needed, and he went back to his meeting. Since they keep the pens and batteries at the front of the store I got to join in a little or at lest hear everything they were talking about. I assume it was the manager who was talking about the headsets that they are suppose to wear while they are on the sales floor. He couldn't stress enough about the headsets. "If your on the sales floor you need to be wearing one of these." he would say as he pointed to one. I finally finished making my most important choices of which pen and brand of batteries to buy and headed for the counter to pay. There was about 6 people behind the sales counter in the meeting and I felt a little like I was intruding but I had to get back to work. When I got to the counter all the employees looked a little relieved and they broke up the meeting. Everyone started heading for where ever they were assigned to and I got my stuff and left. I wonder if any of them put their headsets on?
Headsets make me laugh, especially the ones they use in the stores and at drive through windows. How on earth did we get along with out them? I took my kids out once and went through a drive through. There was a guy that evidently was having a bad day and to show his anger at whatever was happening (It was probably my kids chicken nugget order) he threw the headset off and practically ran out of the building. I assume he quit. Chicken nuggets is evidently a pretty tall order. Headsets remind me of walking around with a walkman in the 80's, my ear protection for shooting, Princess Leah and ear muffs. Not cool. Dorky.
No comments:
Post a Comment