Thursday, November 20, 2008

Daddy wrestling?

Yesterday I was talking to Parker while I was making dinner. He was telling me about his day and all his friends at school. He has this cute way of talking all tough and matter-of-fact like. Somehow we got on the subject or wrestling again. He thinks it is the coolest thing for a kid his age. It makes them tough. AS I walked into the other room he followed me and told me that "before you married Daddy he went to wrestling matches." I said "Oh really. Does that make him the coolest." Parker said "Uh huh." Parker thinks that Jeff actually wrestled before we got married. Obviously this is just insane but it's so cute how Parker looks up to him. I know eventually most people find out that their parents aren't exactly what they thought them to be. When your younger you look up to them. When your a teenager you don't want them around. When you move out you find out you do still need them, if not only financially. And when you get married they become more like friends. At east this is how it's worked for me. I have a little dilemma now. Do I tell Parker Jeff didn't wrestle? How will Parker react when he finds out his Dad was in the Page High School Band?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When the time comes, Jeff will tell him. Do what you can to keep Jeff Parker's Hero. Come on Amber, Parker's dad is COOL! And I have a mean backhand for anyone who says otherwise.

Undercover Clown said...

I am sure Jeff and I wrestled at Little Caesars one time ... I think it was over a piece of pepperoni crazy bread! So He did really wrestle in high school!!