Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashback.

I had a little flashback to my early highschool days a week or so ago. I know this is a regular occurance for some but for me it is far from the norm as I would just assume forget all that crap, however I got out of school (ironic I know) and went to get in my car. I just sat there for a second trying to remember what I'm supposed to be doing next. While in this daze trying to get my barrings I started watching one of the other students from my class walkout to his super sweet ride. A 1980ish Ford Bronco. This guy is probably in his late 30's early 40's and honestly from what I have seen and heard from him not the sharpest tool in the shed. He comes to class about once a month and then complains that he's failing. He's not really quiet about it either. He'll sit on the front row and announce he's failing to the whole class. We all know he's missing every class, what does he expect? Anyway back to him walking out to his ride. He opens the door from the school, grabs his lighter and lights up. He walks over to his truck and throws all his stuff inside with a little attitude and, since he's really short, literally jumps into the super lifted truck. I remember trucks like this from Oregon. They used to use them for mudd bogging. I can say in all the time I've lived in St. George I have never seen one like this. It just took me for a little ride down memory lane. It reminded me of the guys who used to drive them and how they would always get in fights with the guys who drove the low riders with the loud stereos. Which brings me back to the guy in Hurricane. After he finally worked his way into his truck he turned it on and had this blarring stereo. I mean come on! How old are you, cowboy? The memory ended there, as I gagged.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what they say if it is to loud you are to old. That goes for everyone out there. Crank it up and leave it alone.

Anonymous said...

I know the real reason Jeff made that comment... he, like sooo many man-boys killed his hearing long ago & now MUST turn it up just to hear it himself! Am I right ay?