Thursday, November 6, 2008

Charles Darwin


In biology this week we have been studying Charles Darwin and the theory of evolution. It was very interesting to see people's reactions in our class. My teacher tries not to get into the religion side during class as it isn't approved curriculum for this course, but it's almost unavoidable. He told everyone in class that if they had a problem with what he was teaching that they could meet with him after class and discuss religion and/or evolution. I didn't have such a problem as I have my own theories about science and religion but there were a few people in the class that were really struggling with these concepts especially the human side of it. I found it really cool that the teacher was will to discuss religion with these students. I found that I wasn't the only person who believes what I do and it actually ended up being a very interesting class session. My stance on Creationism vs. Darwinism is not as weird as I thought it was. Does this mean I'm normal? Hardley.

No comments: