Thursday, November 20, 2008

What I HATE about my job.

For the most part I really like my job. I work alone and nobody messes with my stuff. My office is mine and mine alone, to decorate or not decorate (I've chosen the latter) and I can do things on my own time, as long as they get done everything is good. Now the bad part, as the office manager and the only person doing what ever paperwork may fly my way I have to do collections. For the most part they aren't that bad. People know they owe you money and usually are willing to pay, but with the economy the way it is right now people are starting to pay really slow. It is policy here to get payment within 90 days or the account is sent to collections, or the property liened. Well, for the last few, say, 6 weeks I've been trying to collect from a company. A very large company for the area and they haven't payed. Well the account had hit 90 days and I had Corporate call me to find out what was going on. I explained the whole thing and Corporate was pretty nice about the situation but stressed that they needed to get paid ASAP. I was a little torn at this point because, yes business is business, but I needed to be careful not to destroy the relationship with the customer by letting the inner b-yoch out. By the end of the day I ended up calling this company 3 times but finally got the answer I needed. Unfortunately it was after the b-yoch came out. Why does it have to come to such things?

No comments: