Friday, November 7, 2008
I got in trouble.
There's a guy at work who scored some tickets to the Roy Clark concert in Mesquite this weekend. He came into my office and asked if I or anyone I knew would want them. Well, I can't say that I really wanted to go. My Dad put me through enough Hee Haw episodes for a lifetime when I was a kid. But then I got thinking, my parents think their young kids. Why with all the traveling they have done this year and last I'm sure they would want to go out for a night on the town in lovely Mesquite. So while the guy from work was sitting in my office I had to look up my Mom's phone number. Yes Look it up. He couldn't believe that I didn't know her phone number. After the conversation she said that she would call me right back. A few minutes later she called but I had forgotten to unforward the phones so the call went to this guy's cell phone. My Mom called me by my maiden name when asking for me and this guy got a really strange look on his face. When I had finished talking to my Mom I got reamed for not being closer to my family. He was saying he talked to his family, especially his Dad, at least 3 times a week. I don't do this. Is there something wrong with our family? Why don't we talk much? I feel bad. Instead of posting on my blog should I be calling all of you to tell you what's going on? I don't think any of us want to hear from me that much. I know there are some families that talk a lot and some who don't talk at all. I'm hoping we have struck a happy medium and get just enough before we make each other sick. Now if you want me to call everyday or two let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I see no need to talk to you or anyone else in our family 3 times a week. I don't know any family that talks that much to each other on a regular basis. I think he is the weird one.
Those who don't talk much, don't fight much!
Don't you remember you were adopted by MY Dad a long time ago? Besides, if your Mom & Dad had kept their old phone instead of trying to be hip & do the cell-phone thing, I would remember there number. Truism. Plus, We suck @ the phone thing lately too. (You & I) I think it is because you are on the phone all day long any how & the last thing you need is to call the mother-who-you-love just to have her tell you how to change. Right!? Sorry, I am the biggest SMART-A around. Gotta love ya.
Post a Comment