For the first time on Monday, I had the privilege of walking Parker to school. We were walking on the street just below ours and I wanted to test Parker on his mama's boy attitude. I asked him if I got a hug before he went across the crosswalk. He took a minute to answer me and looking ahead said "How about I give you a hug and a kiss at the stop sign." I looked ahead at the stop sign and ask him if he was to big to give me hugs at the crosswalk. He wouldn't answer me but I could tell by the look on his face that it isn't acceptable for boys his age to do this. He told me he would still give me hugs at home. After hugs we continued walking to the crosswalk and he said that daddy lets him go across by himself and then he just goes into his classroom. I guess I'll just have to settle for this. I don't like my kids growing up. At least Parker isn't letting himself be a mama's boy. At least not in public. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment