Thursday, January 15, 2009
I killed a mouse and I liked it.
Katie Perry sing your heart out. Yesterday, I got a delivery of office supplies and seeming that I just couldn't leave them all over the office I started putting them away. The tape and staples on the shelf. The storage boxes in the corner and the paper on the side of the copier. The darn paper wouldn't fit because there was another box there with a few reams still in it so I opened it up, tore open the packages and put them in the machine. 3 reams down and the task was finished. I pulled the old box away from the wall and shuttered at the sight of the mouse that was caught in the mouse trap I had laid out about 5 months ago. I first bought these traps when the little bugger had been in all of my desk drawers, all of the file cabinet drawers and through out the huge copy machine leaving little droppings and urine stains everywhere. I cleaned it all up at that time and watched the traps everyday for about a month to see if I caught it. No dice. Looking everyday got a little redundant so I quit watching them. There wasn't any sign of a mouse any more, so I figured that he moved on to bigger and better feeding grounds. When I pulled the box out yesterday and saw it, there was also that disgusting smell of rotting mouse. I ran down stairs to find one of the guys that work here but I didn't see anyone. They were all outside in a trailer getting a hearing test and a fit test for a respirator. I had to get one of them. There was no way I was getting any closer to that thing. A few minutes later one of them came out of the trailer. He looked at me a little funny because I'm never at the back of the building waiting or looking for anyone. Usually I just go up to my tower and keep to myself. He asked what was wrong and when I told him he laughed. I followed him back up stairs and watched him pull the trap out. The smell was a little overwhelming and the mouse was stiff in the trap. He threw it in the trash and took it out to the dumpster. I feel a little bad for the mouse. He probably never saw it coming but he shouldn't mess me or should I say leave a mess on my stuff. He has paid the price and is now in little mouse heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha, Yeah. I know the feeling. I killed 7 that way and then another I killed by kicking a folding table it ran behind and crushed it. Is that how hunters feel after they get there deer, elk or whatever? A funny kind of excitement?
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Gross! SoOoo do ya think this could be the cause of your mysterious allergy? Sick for sure.
Post a Comment