Monday, January 26, 2009

There just might be something wrong with my kids.

Yesterday, we were getting ready for church in the wee hours of the morning. A lot of hustle and bustle since church has changed to 9:00 am but it's definitely do able. I got up early so I would be able to help the kids get ready and Jeff rolled out of bed a little before 8:00. We were almost ready to go and I was in the bathroom helping Natalie with her hair. She was standing in front of me and out of the blue she said that her stomach hurt. This isn't all that unusual for my kids to say so we continued the conversation and finishing up her hair. The next thing she said was "I'm dizzy" as she started to lean on the shelves. I looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw her eyes rolls back. I moved closer to her, grabbed her under the arms and laid her down on the floor. She was limp as could be. I checked her breathing and started talking to her. She opened her eyes and looked at me. She reminded me of one of the ladies from the turn of the century (1900's) who would faint because their corset was to tight. She was all dressed up for church with cute curls in her hair and just laying there wondering what happened. We think that she locked her knees for to long, but I have to wonder because she is about the age I was when I first started passing out and look where I am now. Anyway, she got up and took it easy for a few minutes and was just fine so we hurried out the door and into church late.

Now on to Parker. In the evening Natalie wanted her nails painted and seeming that Natalie got something, Parker wanted something also. Unfortunately, he wanted his nails painted also. Jeff kept telling him that boy's shouldn't paint their nails but he kept insisting that he wouldn't take his socks off so anybody would know. Jeff told him he had to go put a dress on if he wanted it done. Parker thought about it for a long time, but he wanted his nails painted so bad that eventually he caved. He went into Natalie's closet and picked the frilliest dress she has. He came out and insisted on no pictures and wore the dress while I painted his toenails. He didn't choose a girly color and for that we are thankful. After I finished painting he took the dress off and changed back to his man clothes. I think he might be scarred for life though.

3 comments:

Brad and Jennet said...

I have no comment...wait yes I do....it doesn't matter that the dress wasn't a girlie color it was a DRESS!!!!!!

Klein said...

Poor Natalie, I hope she doesn't have anything serious. Lets hope the thought of going to church made her faint.
Now for Parker.... the whole story sounds a little "queer". Better pick up some black nail polish so he can fit into the "Goth" crowd.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I actually agree with Lisa on this one. It is more queer that Jeff made Parker do the dress thing than Parker wanting the polish. He is 6 ya know. Jeff ya need theoropy much? Did ya take your sweet Natalie-princess in?