Last night I got a call a little before 10:00. I was already asleep and a little disoriented but if I hear the phone that late I usually answer, mostly for fear that Jeff's been in an accident. It was the kids school calling. Evidently, it was snowing so hard that they were cancelling school. Cancelling school I tell ya. Is this some sort of prank? I looked out the window and there was about an inch of snow on the ground. Unbelievable! I've seen snow before and this was hardly what I'd call - school cancelling worthy. So I turn the news on and sure enough it says that school is cancelled for Washington County. I was still a little dazed and figured that it would be better for me to go back to bed.
When I got up this morning I check the news again and there it was again. I looked outside again. Humm, 3 inches, so dangerous. I got in my car and went to work. There was no traffic and the roads were pretty clear, for the most part they were just wet. Was the snow day necessary? No. I did see a lot of people with their 4-wheel drive on though. Again, not necessary. This county turns into a state of panic if there's a little flurry. Sheesh.
1 comment:
Hey, quite whining. The snow must be celebrated around these parts. We got 4+" at our hoss. I actually enjoyed the day with my kitlens. It was fun to bould our family out of snow. Baby hanging off mom & all. Call me!
Post a Comment