Friday, December 12, 2008

A long, long, night. (A story about nothing.)

Last night I thought that I would hit the sack early so as soon as the kids were in bed I headed to my own to do a little reading to make myself tired enough to sleep. That lasted about 15 minutes and I was out. At about midnight, while I was in my sweet dreamy state, I heard a bang from the kitchen and noticed that the livingroom light was on. Jeff was home from work. I don't know what all the noise was about nor did I care, I just wanted to get back to sleep. 1:30 rolls around and I am totally parched. I get up to get a drink and ask Jeff when he's going to bed. He waits a few minutes and then heads to bed about 2:00. I'm so freaking tired I still can't sleep. I get up at 2:45 and watch some show about rehab and then a rerun of Conan O'Brein. It's 4:00 now I don't feel tired and I probably should have done something more constructive with my time, like study for finals, but I didn't. I decide I need to go back to bed. Like an idiot I keep watching the clock knowing I have to get up in less than 2 hours and I think I finally dozed off around 5:15. 5:30 the alarm goes off and then I'm wide awake again. So 6:45 I'm off to work and when I get there nobody is around. I walk inside the building and it is full of exhaust. A headache hits like a ton of bricks. I go up to my office to put my things away and then head back downstairs and try to open the bay doors. They only went up about six feet because I'm not strong enough or tall enough to push them the full twelve. After the place airs out a little I close them up and go back to my office and here I am. I have a headache and I'm tired and I want to go home. If I didn't know any better I would think I was out partying last night and woke up with a hangover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get your A in the car & "Just GO man" You deserve the break. Only bummer is that the kitlens come home early & the noise in the night is still probly there...am I right.