Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa's secret shop.

Yesterday my kids came home with a flier from school that was announcing Santa's Secret Shop. Jeff says he doesn't remember ever having one at his elementary school but we had one every year at mine. For those of you who are deprived of such funness, the school sells little...humm what should I call them, trinkets. They have a little bit of something for everyone and believe me you won't find these things anywhere else. (I hope you caught the sarcasm.) Regardless, the kids come home all excited to get a chance to do a little shopping without mom and dad. So first things first. They beg for money. How can I refuse? They get that little innocent look on their face, the one I can't say no to. They are so excited to get something that no one else knows about. I can't refuse so I tell them they can go on Wednesday. When I was in school the most prized gift was a rabbits foot. I can't imagine why, but yes, even I wanted one. The really cool ones were the ones that were dyed a different color. Since they were so popular I never got one (and my parents wouldn't let us buy the junk). So my Christmas Wish #3 is a lucky rabbits foot. I don't know what I'll do with it but at least I can say I had one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What if I can't get all the blood off and it's not a perfect cut? It's still lucky though.

Brad and Jennet said...

Okay first of all BrewRider...that's gross!

But I remember Santa's Secret Workshop, but I usually found more stuff to buy for myself than for presents for others...I can be so selfish sometimes....hahahaha..ha!