Friday, October 10, 2008
Provident Living
Do you remember when we were asked to start food storage? I don't, it just seems that we were always to have it. I remember my parents' huge barrels of wheat that we used to make just about everything. We must have been some pretty healthy kids with all that whole grain and powdered milk. Today I took a little trip to Costco to pick up a few things. Naturally being at the $100 store I spent more than the minimum. The thing that was the most interesting to me was how many people were in the canned food isles. This is something you don't usually see, usually people are really into the fresh and frozen food isles. There was a lot of potato pearls and refried beans leaving the store today. I guess everyone has finally started their food storage. I started ours a few months ago but my biggest problem is having somewhere to put it. Today the kids cleaned out under their beds so I could store some boxes under there. It really needed to be cleaned out. I didn't know they had so much junk under there. Now I know why my parents never let us have bed frames for our beds when we were little. Now they have a bunch of boxes that I have stuffed with vittles from the church distribution under their beds. I actually canned everything in them. Look at Suzi homemaker. Who knows if we will ever use them but at least we have them for when we need them. By the way I have learned that the hot chocolate that the church distributes is Stephens. So if you want to can something yummy this would be it. See all the stuff you can learn from going to enrichment groups. I think tomorrow I'll go out and get some bullets for my gun. I need to protect my food storage. That's something they don't teach you at church. Paranoia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not to worry about protecting it too bad. I hear there is a radical church group that has it all planned out. When things go bad, they have researched and know the best places to drop some dynamite to cave in the Gorge to keep Vegas from coming up and looting the Mormons.
Post a Comment