This past week has been an especially challenging one. I'm trying to get all of my homework finished, including a few papers that are due, so we can go to Page this weekend and I won't have to worry about them. I know, the rational person would ask why I'm blogging at the moment instead of working on said papers but sometimes a person just needs a break to collect thoughts. What are your thoughts on bioethics and non-verbal communication, not together but as separated subjects? Nothing? That's what I thought. Anyway, on Sunday I remembered that Natalie had a book report due this week. Now call me privileged but I never had to do a book report until the 8th grade. I made a complete fool of myself while presenting it but that's not unusual for me. Back to Natalie, she read her book almost a month ago. Because I was helping her with the book report I crammed the entire book in on Monday, a whole hour. We started writing the report out and I realized she really didn't remember a lot of the book. After refreshing her memory we continued writing. We spent about 3 hours on Monday reading and writing. Last night we went to put the whole thing together. It took us another 3 hours. There was a ton of writing and drawing pictures. At 10:00 pm I decided that it was time for her to go to bed. We pretty much gave up with the whole decorating portion and opted to just use some stickers I had laying around from Parker's birthday poster. She was still very proud of how it turned out. I hope she can remember enough about the book to get a decent grade.
As for me, this has put me behind even more and I'll be playing catchup the rest of the week. But what do you do?
1 comment:
Homework! Shmomework! What do you say we go hiking!
Post a Comment