Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Craziness!!!!!!!!!

Last night the kids had gymnastics, so being the super mom I am, after I got out of school I hurried to the sitters house to pick them up. I was sure that we would make it on time today since last week we were late because my teacher threw a test at us 15 minutes before class was out. Anyway, I picked the kids up, Natalie didn't have her suit and Parker was moving really slow. I should have taken this all as a sign but I was determined to get there on time. We stopped by the house really quick and Natalie ran inside and grabbed her suit. While I was outside in the car with Parker he told me he had a headache, so I jumped out of the car, ran into the house grabbed the tiny amount of Motrin we had and raced back out to the car. There was just a little bit left in the bottle so I told him the worst thing a parent possibly could and said "Just drink what is left in the bottle." We left the house with Natalie getting dressed in the back seat (another horrible parenting tactic) and Parker dazed. We were about half way to St. George, for those of you who know the area right around Quail Lake. I looked back in my rear view mirror to see how Parker was doing he looked really pale. I asked him if he was okay (In my sweet motherly voice of course) and he said "I think I need a bag." This is where the panic set in. I screamed for Natalie to see if there was a Ziploc bag in the pocket behind the front seat. (Obviously this has happened before) But It was to late. I looked in my rear view mirror and all I remember seeing are the chunks of macaroni and cheese flying at the back of my head. He repeated this a few times before we were all the way up the hill. The poor little guy was just sitting there in a pool of his own vomit and I had macaroni chunks in my hair. It was at this point that I finally realized that going to St. George for gymnastics really isn't worth it any more. The kids want to try other things and I'll be damned if I get chunks of macaroni on me again. So here is another thank you to John and Amanda for letting us come to their house to clean up, and for letting me give Parker a bath, and for Johns shirt so Parker could cover his little tummy, and for Natalie donating her pants to the cause, (remember she changed into her gym suit) all while Natalie enjoyed her last day of gym.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DAM! That is sad and gross. Sad that Parker had too much to drink and gross that you used his puke as gel or mousse. Ha ha!