Thursday, October 30, 2008
Has it really come to this?
As many of you know Jeff and I have a communication problem. Namely we never see each other and most conversations happen on the phone. When we lived in West Point we used to leave each other notes on the kitchen counter. They were fairly obvious and hard to miss and it worked pretty well for us. Being in Hurricane is a completely different story. We now live in a house less than 1/2 the size of the one in West Point. Any kind of space is hard to come by. We have no closets very little shelving and store things where ever we can. (I'm not complaining) Needless to say the kitchen counters are full and there is almost always something on the table, so how do we communicate, where do we leave our notes so the other person doesn't miss it? This morning I was going through my usual beauty ritual. When it came time for the plastering of the hair I went to reach for my hairspray. I had to smile a little because Jeff had written me a note and secured it with a magnet to the bottle of hairspray. A very unusual but effective way to get my attention. Who would think of something like that? Granted all the note said was "Take my truck to work..." but still, has it really come to this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If I was in that situation, you would have to leave the note ON the Mountain Dew IN the fridge. Ha ha!
Very clever for the man. Gotta give him snaps for knowing the rutual...
Post a Comment