Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Woo Hoo!

We finally got away for a weekend of good old fashioned family fun. We started the weekend at a campground on Cedar Mountain. It was really windy the first night but after that the weather was great.We tried our hands at fishing for about an hour ,however we didn't catch anything. I hate to say it but the kids could cast their lines farther than I could. It was actually a little embarrassing, I moved away from everyone so I didn't catch any clothing or skin, just to throw the line out directly into the water. And when I say directly I mean it may have gone out 2 feet.We took full advantage of the free National Parks weekend and visited Cedar Breaks as well as Zion National Park. On our way home we stopped at the overlook in Zion National Park and found this Native American looking over the landscape. I think he stole Parkers clothes because I vaguely remember him putting the same outfit on in the morning. Come to think of it Parker may still be running around the Park naked.

All in all it was a great and relaxing weekend. We're already planning our next little outing. Hopefully in October and heading south where it might be a little warmer.

1 comment:

Lamchops said...

Hey, that is great that you got away. Sorry I had to get off the tele the other day while we were talking. My kids were having issues. Lovely isn't it?