Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sugar Rush
I've been very blessed to have kids that, up to this point, know their limits as far as when they need to go to bed. Last night was no different. At 9:00 pm Parker walks around the house getting ready for bed and at the very last moment before he hops in he yells "Mommy, it's time to tuck me in." He'll probably still be doing this into his early teens which I know is abnormal but who cares, he's my baby right? I tucked him in bed with the usual mauling and bouncing around and left the room to help Natalie dry her hair after she got out of the shower. About 9:15 Natalie is ready for bed and I go in their room to tuck her in. We turned on the light and when I looked down at Parker he was laying there with his eyes wide open and the cheesiest grin on his face. I found this a little unusual because he usually takes about 30 seconds to fall asleep. I asked him what he was doing and after a few seconds he said "I had to much sugar." Even though the grin on his face kind of freaked me out we all started busting up. Honestly, do kids really think that they can have to much sugar? I think not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pshaw, that is a regular comment at our hoss. If the Big child has syrup on waffles, it is too much sugar. One time he was with my dad, who gave him a brownie. They went to see an uncle, who asked why he was bouncing off the walls. The answer according to the child was "I'm all sugared up!" Go figure?!
Post a Comment