Tuesday, May 12, 2009
The bug.
Last night Parker went into his room and looked behind the door to get his shoes. While looking back there he saw a bug and poked his head out the door and said to me "Mommy, there's a big bug in my room". Natalie heard him and ran into the room to get a look. It was a moth but as my kids call it, a butterfly. Parker took his shoe and scooted it to see if it was still alive and it didn't really move. Natalie, who likes to catch butterflies said she would get it but something instilled fear in her and she decided against it. Parker ran outside to get his butterfly net but couldn't find it, so it was left up to mom. With the kids following me around I went to the bathroom got a huge wad of toilet paper and headed for their room. I picked up the moth and held it close to my face. I inspected the little specimen and headed back to the bathroom for the flushing ceremony. When I got there with my train of children, Parker moved in front of me and opened the toilet seat. I quickly threw the critter in and Parker flushed. The moth quickly climbed on top of the tissue and tried to fly for it's life. In a panic I closed lid and waited for the toilet to finish flushing. All the water was down and we deemed it safe to open for a peek. Parker opened the lid and moved his head close to the seat and looked inside. I spotted the moth on the back of the seat before Parker but he quickly moved back while I grabbed more tissue. I picked up the moth again and threw it back in the toilet. Parker flushed it again but the tank wasn't full and it wouldn't flush. The bug was faster this time. Scurrying on top of the tissue and flying out and away from the toilet. It landed on the shelves and we moved quickly so it wouldn't touch us. Once again I grabbed tissue got the moth and waited for the toilet to fill. Parker flushed again. I let the tissue go and the darn little bugger got out again. This time it flew around the screaming kids and into the kitchen. I lost sight of it and the kids didn't see where it went because they were running away hysterically. I asked them to help me find it and after a little searching we found it in the window. I got some more tissue, got the moth and headed back to the toilet...again. I wrapped the moth so I could put the corners in the water hoping to weight it down so it wouldn't get out again. Parker flushed again and finally...VICTORY! The funny thing is when I told Jeff about it he of course stated the obvious. "Why didn't you just take it outside?" I know...we're just a family of dorks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh come on now. No dorks. You just gave Jeff a puffy head for LIFE. I can't believe you let him get away with smart-A talk. He sounds like my hubby. The one who I love so much & is always the smart one at our hoss. yadda yadda yadda. Funny story. Sounds all to familiar.
Post a Comment