Thursday, May 21, 2009

Here we go.....

The time has finally arrived for the tiling of our shower. After collecting various supplies for weeks I think we finally have everything we need. Today I went to the store to get some mold resistant drywall and other stuff and just happened to pickup the wrong drywall so I had to take it back. The one I bought first was pretty small and easy to lift and the second one was about 10 times heavier and very hard to move around. It was probably something I shouldn't have been doing but I'm pretty determined to get this done.
After I got home the kids and I moved everything inside and tried to get it all put away and then I went out to our conex box to see if I could find a few things. I worked the door open and walked into the sweltering heat. Of course the box I needed was clear in the back of this dark hot box so I made my way about 20 feet into the box and then I felt it. The spiderwebs all over my face and arms. I shivered not just once, but many many times, but I had to find the tools I'm looking for because I really don't want to have to go back out there again. Finally I find the box I'm looking for and quickly look through it only to find that the one tool I thought we had we don't. I quickly grabbed everything else I found that needed to come in the house and got out of the conex box as fast as I could. After locking it back up I hurried across the yard to where the kids were and asked them to check me for spiders. They both gave me a really weird look. I don't think they understood the urgency of the situation. By this time I'm freaking out a little. I should know better than to ask my kids to check me for spiders and eventually I ended up on the grass rolling around. I don't know if this helped or not but I felt better.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Why can you roll around on the grass but not anywhere else? Huh! What is the deal.