Monday, June 22, 2009
Instilling The Fear!
It's always a great experience to have to teach your child's Sunday School class. Parker, of course, resembles an angel when I'm teaching but I've heard otherwise. Anyway, I was given the opportunity to teach Parkers Sunday School class and going in you always figure that 4 kids wouldn't be all that bad for an hour...right? Honestly they weren't that bad. I think I scared the crap out of one of the kids though. They were coloring and he thought that he needed to start breaking all the crayons. Now, I being the person I am, cannot stand using a broken crayon. Not that I really color anything any more unless its helping Natalie with a book report but it's the principle of the matter. So this little boy starts breaking all the crayons. I go over to him and pick up all the crayons that he had around his chair and tell him that he can't color any more because he breaking the crayons. We all know that when kids color at church they kneel on the floor and use their chair, so when I took the crayons away he just knelt there looking at the floor for about 5 minutes. He didn't move at all. Do you think he felt guilty? He looked so sad. I felt kind of bad but quickly got over it. After class I went to the primary room to get Natalie and he was in there. When he saw me he had to quickly divert his eyes so he didn't get the stare down from me. Not that I would ever do that. Guilty Guilty Guilty. I feel bad but what do you do. Is it so bad to have a 7 year old feel guilty. I think not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment