Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So...your saying I'm not crazy?

I'm actually proud to say that I have learned something in school and possibly have actually diagnosed myself with an intolerance to a drug. To bad I was the human guinea pig. About a year and a half ago I had a little visit with my neurologist about all the jello squishing around in my head and she wrote a Rx for a drug that helps with migraines. I love not having migraines, but the drug is really expensive so I stopped taking it last summer. I haven't really had to many really bad headaches until the last month, so I started back on the drug knowing that I would be in to see her today. So here's where the problem begins. The dosage begins slow and you work a tolerance up to it and if your anything like me you begin to lose function of a portion of your brain because of blocked signals. This portion I speak of just happens to be the area of your brain in which when you read you would comprehend what you are reading. Are you beginning to see the problem? I was doing some homework with Jeff over last weekend and I honestly would look at a problem and know that I knew how to do it. That there was a formula for it, but I couldn't comprehend what the question was? Jeff could see that I was frustrated but I didn't know what was wrong. It was such a small change that it probably would have gone unnoticed again had I not been in school and needed the constant recall and reading comprehension. It's so weird because you know the answer but not the question. And it was only on things that were written down. My biggest problem...midterms were last week. Not Good! I'm afraid that it's going to take even more than I was giving before to pull my grade up to where it needs to be after those tests. The one good thing that came out of this is I can proudly report that I am "not crazy" as diagnosed by the neurologist. But then again that's all a matter of opinion, isn't it?

5 comments:

Amanda Panda said...

what are you talking about? you are all sorts of crazy. ha ha jk

Brad and Jennet said...

Wait a second...you were taking a pill that shuts off the brain-function to a certain part of your brain? I can't believe that! That's scary! Please don't take that anymore...I will come and give you massages. :)

A said...

Are just saying you'll give me massages because I might forget, or because I would give you all my money in my forgetfulness as a tip?

Anonymous said...

Man, are sure your not really just practicing for an upcoming debate. I think you could be a "liew-yer" with that explaination of why you may have slid out of the running for best student. Nice.

Brad and Jennet said...

No I am saying it cause I would rather drive all the way out to Hurricane and give you a massage to help with the headaches, than you taking that medicine of the devil ;) Seriously call me and we'll look at our schedules and work on something...it's not like I am working or anything(sarcasm) Talk to ya soon!:)