Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Oh yes the week of love.
Natalie and Parker came home from school and the talk of the town was Valentines day. They are both incrediably excited to make up their valentines and have their little valentine parties at school. I'm not a big fan of valentines day, but evidently it means a ton to my kids. They came home talking about who asked them to be their valentine and blah blah. Well upon further investigation Parker said that two boys asked him. I find this very very strange, but for now we have dismissed it because Parker likes to make stories up and he's in kindergarten. For the most part the kids don't even know what it's about. I know not all kids are that innocent but we're going with it for now. Anyway, Natalie said a boy named Ethan asked her to be his valentine. At this we were a little disturbed. When she told us we asked her what she said to him. She told us that she said "sure". Does this mean she has a boy friend? We are hoping that boys are still icky to her. She said the only reason she said sure was so she wouldn't have to be anybody elses valentine. Does this mean she likes him too? I'm confused. Are there little hormones running around the third grade at Hurricane Elementary? She said none of her friends have a valentine yet? What does this mean? Should I lock her in her room?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cool it cojo. She is a good girl not a hussy like her momma. Ha Ha!So I would not be too freaked if I were you. I think it is great that a boy asked. Remember, boys are pretty much dumb from the get-go so he really doesn't get it either. Cute!
I would be worried about Parker, that is, if the boys saw his nail polish at school. He may be attracting the wrong type of "fellows"
Post a Comment