
Friday night was the first good rain storm that we have had here since February. You ask how I know that...well we have been waiting to test out our new roof. Yes it works and we are grateful. No more water features in the bedrooms. Anywho, there was a wee amount of flooding in our yard and the one just south of us. Jeff had to go out and put some bricks on the sidewalk to keep the water from coming off the street into our yard but it was still coming over for a while.
The people south of us called 911 because they don't have a big hole in their yard like us for the water to collect and were worried about it coming into their house so their was an ambulance, fire marshal and city utility person in front of our house. I wonder what the rest of the neighbors thought?

Regardless, everything is fine and we are eagerly waiting for Franklin Lake to recede so we can park our cars in their normal spots again. Happy day!


2 comments:
I want to come over and go swimming!! Just kidding!
What did your neighbors expect the ambulance and, above all else, the fire marshall to do? I think you should call 911 on your neighbors and have them hauled away! Push all of your water onto their property with a push broom just to freak them out.
Post a Comment