Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sometimes you just need a moment...

A few things I've taken notice of the last few months:

1. There are people out there that know my name. (Why or how I do not know.)
2. There are people out there that call me Amy. (Obviously don't know my name, but acknowledge me anyway.)
3. There are people who call me Amanda. (Again, don't know my name, but I'll still answer with out correcting them. One day they will find out and I will be snickering all over inside. WaaHaaHaa!)
3. There are people that I rarely speak to that have told me "good job" and I have no idea of what they are talking about. (I had a teacher do this. Was he being sarcastic? I didn't do that good on that test. Maybe he was thinking of Amy or Amanda.)
4. Even though someone has a PhD, they can still not know very much. (I should set my standards low.)
5. Most people under 25 should not be in college. (I'm so tired of getting stuck in a group with people who don't know or do anything, maybe I'll rat them out. I haven't decided yet. However it does make me feel powerful to possibly have a dirty little hand in their grade.)
6. Parent teacher conferences can actually be really fun. (I spent about 45 minutes with each of my kids teachers just shooting the breeze. One was a total spaz and the other thought she was in some kind of confessional. Isn't public education great?)
7. Nothing will ever go the way I plan or envision. (I practice literally forever and still can't get the right words out when giving a presentation. I admire anyone who can teach.)
8. My kids are still growing. (Even after I specifically asked them to stop. This disobedience is intolerable. Maybe I should stop feeding them.)
9. Trading homework time for sleep doesn't accomplish anything. (I dream in chemistry.)
10. (There doesn't have to be a 10.)



9.

1 comment:

Lamchops said...

Look at you busy girl, an update onthe old bloggey. Good show! Hey, I remember many a times being called "Trish" or "Tracee" or anything but my name. It is the biggest turn-off out there. Sorry it has been happening to you-some people are just tards.