Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Cyclops
I've had a long debate with myself regarding the use of contacts. Since I don't need to wear glasses all the time and my Rx is fairly low, I just never really saw the point in making the change. However, this school year it seems increasingly hard to keep my glasses on my face. Not only do I feel old wearing them but I no longer have the concern of formaldehyde splashing into them and fusing them to my cornea. (Anatomy lab is over!) My alter ego finally won and I gave in. Honestly there really wasn't all that much convincing going on. Last Thursday I went to the Dr. for my regular eye exam and expressed my enthusiasm for contacts. They had me go back yesterday to get them fitted. Well it seems that my left eye is not quite bad enough yet for contacts, but the right is, thus making me a cyclops. We fitted the right eye and the Dr. seemed to be very pleased that I got the contact out and in fairly quickly. I was scheduled for an appointment in two weeks and they sent me on my merry way. Herein lies my first problem. I don't think that this is the right Rx. Everything seems to have a haze about it. I couldn't really tell in the Dr. office but by the end of the day yesterday I had a major headache and couldn't see all that great. My second problem...I spent four and a half hours yesterday taking pictures for my photography class and I'm really worried that they weren't in focus. I'm having a really hard time seeing detail and if I have to do this shoot over, which I've already spent seven and half hours on and will put even more time into today, so help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you oughta be callin the quack that gave them to you in the first place. You SURE that it is in the correct eye? Better check to be safe. Good luck!
I think you should throw away the RX set and buy yourself a set that changes your eye color. Then only wear one... So you could have one blue eye and one green eye.... then if you were feeling like you wanted to "mix it up a little" you could wear one brown eye and one green eye. And do you know what would be really good.... Wear the colored lenses in both eyes. One Brown and one Blue!
I don't mean to be rude but...hehehe!
Post a Comment