Monday, July 25, 2011
The official boycott!
After no forethought, I am official declaring July 24th, aka Pioneer Day in Utah, off limits for any fun or frivolity. This morning I jumped inside of a government vehicle and with three other employees headed off to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon for a science symposium. We looked through the symposium, ate lunch and then finished looking through the symposium. On our way home we ran into a hale storm that left 2 inches of hale on the ground, and us, on the side of the road, to wait out the storm. After this freakish summer storm we continued driving down the road in the fog that formed. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was the middle of winter instead of the middle of July but being what it was, we made it home all the same. I was dropped off at my house and the group I was with continued on. I opened the front door and started to step inside when I saw Parker laying on the couch with his shirt off and a large ace bandage wrapped around his torso. My first thought was that he broke his ribs. I asked what happened and was told that he fell off of his bike while riding down the street without using his hands. The poor kid has road rash all over the place. The abrasions are on his wrists, thigh, torso and feet, but nothing on his pretty face. For once I think he may understand why I'm so adamant about him wearing his helmet. As much as I love celebrating a holiday, the 24th of July just isn't a lucky one for us. I warned Jeff when I left this morning not to go hiking and not to get bit by a snake. It never occurred to me that someone else could possibly get hurt. The poor little guy. When I put him to bed all he could say is "I'm so uncomfortable".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What kind of karma are you putting out there-eh? Oh, I am just joking. Poor Parker, I hope he gets better & quick. That dang road rash needs a bit of anti-inflame meds right?! Drug him up so he can feel better. Good luck with the boycott.
Post a Comment