Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Are you freak'n kidding me?
So, here I am in the middle of summer. It's been a pretty good one so far with work keeping me busy and a total lack of the post secondary education issue. With one year left to earn my degree in biology I have saved the most challenging classes, for me, until last. After thinking about this for the last few months I've realized that this was really not the best move. Physics and organic chemistry at the same time is probably enough to set one little Miss Amber over the edge. (Not that I haven't been there before.) On Saturday I figured that it was time to log on to the old college website and get a feel for the cost of books for fall semester. After a few minutes of looking up classes, jotting down course numbers and locating the right web page, I finally entered in my classes and waited for the screen to tell me the damages. When I saw them I just about had a heart attack. The total came to a whopping $951.00. After slamming my head in a door and regaining my composure, I began to look for books online. After about 15 minutes of looking I think that I found everything that I need for around $400.00. This is totally do-able. Now, I have to through in my complaint. What the hell is the college bookstore trying to do? They know we are poor. They know we have other choices. They know we could even rent books. Why on earth is there such a freak'n huge mark up on books? I do have to put a little shout out to the teachers though. At least we can use the books 2 semesters. All this being said...I'm still taking donations for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment