Monday, June 6, 2011

Boogoo Bear

I had the most amazing time at work last week. I spent three days on the Arizona Strip learning about the area with a group of honors students from around the country. The first day I did a general presentation on the monument for them, just to give them an idea of what they might be getting into out there. The second day we went to Tuweep and met briefly with the ranger that lives out there and the third day, well, we went looking for a cave that was reported by some cave enthusiasts. After searching for about an hour we came up with two caves. One found by the cave enthusiasts and one by an honors student. Just about when we were ready to go I wandered off a little because I could see an opening in some rocks and wasn't sure if it was a cave or a shadow. I walked over by it and started to feel cold air but I didn't have time to get the Physical Scientist over there at just that moment, he was well on his way back to our ride. So on Saturday, Jeff and I went back out to take another look at it. It's bigger, deeper and colder than the other two caves. I've encountered a little problem now. I'm suppose to name it. I asked the kids what they would name it and Natalie said that I should name it Boogoo bear. I have no idea where that came from but it is kind of cute. Parker hasn't thought of anything yet. Jeff refuses to participate, so if anyone has any ideas for names please let me know.

1 comment:

Lamchops said...

How's about Cunning Cavern, Breaking Wind or even Lonely Discovery. Woo hoo I know you love 'em. Good job on the finding caves when out on your own stuff-J/K. That is real cool. I can see why you love your work.