Monday, May 2, 2011

Commitment

Although it has been a tough couple of weeks with 8 presentations, 4 5-8 page papers and 4 finals, this semester has been incredibly interesting. I think that colleges are try to keep secrets about how fun classes can be your junior and senior year. Every class I took required an experiment, complete with a paper and presentation. My professors couldn't spread these out at all, but had to make them all due within a week of each other. The fact that I had been working on an experiment all semester that was suppose to cover all these classes, and the fact that 89 of my 90 fish for my experiment died really didn't help the situation either. I scrambled and found something else to do...Bugs. They came to me free of charge from an animal behavior lab at school. I've had bugs sitting on my counter top for almost a month. As a matter of fact I finished up the experiment last week and when I got home today Jeff had just gassed the poor things. I have to admit I was a little attached. But the bugs aren't the only thing I've brought home from school. We have also inherited 6 chickens and 8 fish. Now that I have all these animals at home I have to wonder how I'm going to afford to feed them. One good outcome of having all these animals is that I have a daughter that absolutely loves them. I think if Natalie could take the chickens for a walk everyday she would. She's been so good to take them outside everyday and let them scratch around and she even cleans their box every week. Yes, she has named them and can also identify each of them. There goes the chicken dinner. (Not that I would eat it anyway.) I can't imagine a cuter little farm girl out chasing her chickens around trying to get them back in their pen. When she goes out in the evening to get them she opens their gate and starts patting her legs and saying come on...like the chickens will follow her into their pen. How on earth does a person get a child that cute and responsible?

1 comment:

Lamchops said...

Hey, you could start selling eggs to your neighbors-barring that you don't have a rooster. That could be the end all for neighbor-relations, eh? Sweet Natalie, she is just you & Jeff re-incarnate. My mom used to earn school clothes money taking care of & selling chicken eggs. It is a thought.


PS. It was sure nice to see you & your family yesterday. Thanks for joining our looney family!