So here I sit again...looking for the books I need for school online. It looks like I'm going to have to fork out about $500.00 for the 3 lectures and 2 labs I have this semester. This is actually the least amount of credits I've taken since I went back to school. Hopefully it won't end up to be the hardest semester. I'm still continuing to work for the Park Service at least for a few more months and I've been loving this job. I hope they can find some way to actually keep me on there. (It's complicated, as all things in government are made to be.) While I was reviewing my financial aid info tonight I found that the college added $2,000.00 in grant money. (Again, complicated.) But if your going to throw money at me, sure I'll take it. I guess that GPA is finally in a worthy place.
So work has been really interesting lately. I've been hauled all over the Arizona Strip for hours at a time and learned some very interesting things. Sunday...yes Sunday, I went out to "The Wave" for the third time on an admin pass to check out some of the flood damage. The first thing we encountered was someone who tried to drive through a wash after a flash flood. Evidently they had been sitting there all night digging themselves into the sand. The thing that really killed me though was that someone stopped and gave them a shovel and some rope and then left them there. We pulled them out in less than 5 minutes and we were all on our merry way. People what are you thinking!!! Anyway, we went along on our adventure. When we got to the parking lot we checked passes on the cars and then started our trek into 100 degree weather and no shade or wind. By the time we got to the wave I had downed 3 liters of water and had about a pound of sand in my shoes. The entrance was blocked by a pool of water filled with tadpoles and little tiny fish looking things. I opted to walk through it and the water was surprisingly about 2 feet deep. When I got to the other side we checked more passes and then had lunch. I took a few pictures and then we headed back. All in all it was very uncomfortable, but still worth it.
1 comment:
So glad to see you are still alive. I was wondering if you had fallen of the face of the earth or just joined a freaky nature cult(Kidding). I had a dream the other night that I drove clear out to your hoss just to check on you. I am a spaz like that. That pic is really beautiful, did you take it? This is right up your alley. Cool that you get to do it. Call me if you get a moment. It has been too long. Good luck with the re-start of classes.
Post a Comment