Thursday, November 12, 2009

Umm...Are you sure you have the right person?

(Sigh) I am so confused. Those of you who I keep extra, extra close know of the scholastic turmoil that I have been going through for the last year and also know that I'm at a crossroad which is feeling impossible to pass. I've had a lot of loops thrown my way the last couple of months and trying to decide what to do next or what I should be doing next has become a noose around my neck. I'm so tired of going around in circles in my mind and not coming up with any answers. Honestly, it's enough to make a person go mad. Mad, I tell you!

I have come to one decision. I do not want to go into nursing. Radiography/MRI possibly, but not nursing. So herein lays the problem. The Rad Program doesn't start for a whole freaking year. Do I stay in school and pursue a conservation biology degree or do I go back to work? Or do I do both? Or do I just take fun classes for a couple of semesters until the Rad Program starts? Or do I work and take fun classes until next year? I'm graduating with my Associates December so there isn't anything left to do there.

A few weeks ago I turned in a Psychology paper and I honestly can't even remember what I wrote about. When my teacher gave it back to me he was just praising my writing skills. I found it a little strange, as you probably do just from the lack of skill I use when writing my blog. (Actually, I'm not all that careful on my blog. You can judge me from it, but as long as your not giving me a college credit grade I'll write however badly i want. There is no proof reading going on here. Anyway back to my story.) I kind of brushed off my teachers comments, but he felt the need to embarrass me in front of the whole class by telling them that one day they will be reading something with my name on it and that I was a wonderful writer. At this point I'm fairly sure that I was turning red and I totally wanted to crawl under my desk. I pretty sure that the only thing they would be reading with my name on it would be arrests in the newspaper on Monday morning. Moving forward in my story to this past Monday, he returned our final paper for the class. I looked to the last page to see what I got on it and there was a whole slew of notes on the back. At first I started freaking out totally thinking that I failed but then I read it and it said "Amber, I want you know that you are the best writer in all of my classes. You have a great way of explaining things and I enjoy reading what you write. What ever you do in your life keep writing. Write a book, magazine articles-become an author-an editor. And, please use me as a reference."

Umm? What? I don't know how to write. I didn't even take English my senior year of high school. He has to be confused. Maybe he got the note on the wrong paper. Is there another Amber in his classes? I really don't think that I can write. Look at my blog for crying out loud. Do you think this would really entertain people? I talked to him a little after class and he was totally trying to encourage me to take a creative writing class. English scares me and writing, just like speaking, is something that I really have to work at to get my words out and explain what I mean with out being misunderstood. I don't know how open I am to this whole writing experience. I guess I still have few weeks to decide but registration for school next semester is coming up soon. Why is this decision so hard to make? Honestly, would you actually pay for a book I wrote? Come on.

2 comments:

Lamchops said...

Have you taken up Lying? (joking) Good show ya spaz! Sounds to me like you need to chill out!

The Lanyons said...

I'd take fun writing classes until the Rad program starts. That way you'll know if you want to go into writing or not (I think your writing is great by the way). If not, at least it wasn't time wasted because it was fun!