Monday, November 23, 2009
The Inner Dork Strikes Again!
Over the past few weeks I have been stopping in to see my physiology teacher during his office hours to get drilled, and for lack of a better word, grilled, over material that has been covered in class. As a consequence for such an action, he has learned my name and is completely uninhibited about using it in class. The other day he felt compelled to ask me a very simple question in class. "What is re-uptake?" I knew this answer and I was actually excited to be able to share it, but when I opened my mouth I sudden had Turrets Syndrome and had absolutely no control over what was coming out. I started rambling on about plasma, colloid osmotic pressure, hydrostatic pressure, leaking arteries (which doesn't happen) and then started with the "no...arteriole, no...vein, no...capillary" and then realized that the fluid is not called plasma it's extracellular fluid. I sit in the front of the class and could feel the stares of 60 people on my neck. I could feel my face going flush and then I just wanted to crawl under my chair. I actually knew this answer, but I couldn't get it out of my head. I completely botched it. It's been over a week and I'm still embarrassed to show my face in class. I live in fear that he'll call on me again and I'm having nightmares that he is kicking me out of class. Yes, that was nightmaressss. A terrible recurring dream of someone telling me that I am not good enough and I don't belong in this profession. (Healthcare). Maybe I should take it as a sign. I'm still waiting for a definitive answer on what I'm suppose to be doing right now. I just wish I could make a decision that I felt really, really good about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment