I can't believe where the time has gone. It's been two months since I last posted and a lot has happened, the problem is I can't remember all the details. School is finally out so I'm suppose to get a break for a little while, right? Wrong! I've actually got an amazing opportunity to work for the Grand Canyon/Paraschant National Monument, which I am super excited about. The office is in St. George, which is where I will be most of the time, but every once in a while I will get to go into the backcountry to see what kind of research is going on. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a job in my life. Hopefully the background check comes back okay. (Like there is anything to worry about there.) The cool thing about this job is that the office is the only one that is in joint management with the BLM so technically I work for the National Park Service, but I also get to work around the BLM staff. Super Fantastic! I also get elective credit at school for working through the summer which makes it super, super fantastic.
School was incredibly stressful this past semester and I spent the majority my time studying. I lost a lot of sleep and I think at one point I may have slept 3 hours in 3 days. It seems to be a strange mental game where you know you have to sleep and you would do better if you actually slept, but you also know you have to study and know the material in order to do well. The circle goes round and round and as of yet I still haven't found the balance, other than school is out right now and I don't have to study, although I feel like I should be. I'm still waiting for the exhaustion to come, the kind where I sleep for 3 days straight, but I'm still not sleeping well. I thinks it's a sign of age.
The kids have grown. It's really sad to say, but I was looking at them the other day and noticed they have gotten taller and their clothes really aren't fitting very well. It's really not neglect on my part but I should probably be checking what they are going to wear to school before they walk out the door. They do have clothes that fit, I just haven't been watching them close enough. My goal this next week is to declutter the house, including the kids drawers, which evidently have clothes that are two sizes to small.
Jeff is the same. Always dependable, always tired and always awesome.
3 comments:
What, you mean you weren't super excited when you started working with John?
I have been wondering if you fell off the face of the earth or something. Glad to hear school is out for you. Get some rest now eh?!
The BLM called asking about your background and I reluctantly had to share with them how you squished giant banana slugs with sticks and tied park guests to tent rain flys in hopes of the wind whisking them away. I hope this does'nt effect your job in any way.
Post a Comment