Sunday, February 7, 2010
1 Helluva trip.
Parker is going up so fast. He's becoming a little independent individual who wants to do more and more on his own and seeks out opportunities to show this independence. A few weeks ago I got my little boy back if even for just a few days. Turns out he was sick and needed some cuddles, which was just what his mommy needed too. After being sick for 3 days Jeff and I started to get a little worried, mostly because our kids are never sick for long periods of time. About three weeks earlier I took the kids to the clinic to get their H1N1 vaccines. After reading up on the side effects we decided that it really probably wasn't effects of the vaccine. We were doing this at about 10:00 pm after the kids had gone to bed. We could hear Parker talking in his room so I went in to check on him. I started talking to him, asking if he was okay and needed anything. He seemed a little out of it, but he did have a fever. I asked what his name was. He answered in a super fast voice saying "Parker". I asked if he knew what his sisters name was. In the same voice he answered "Sissy". I said "no, Parker what is her real name?" Again he answered really fast saying "Sissy". I went in the living room and told Jeff to come and check him out. Once again I asked what his sisters name was. Again he said "Sissy". The next thing he said was something like "where are those boats going?" I asked him what boats he was talking about. He said the boats behind me. I told him there wasn't any boats behind me. I asked him if he knew where he was. He answered in that super fast voice again saying "Krusty Krab". I looked at Jeff and then back to Parker. I asked the same question again and once again he answered "Krusty Krab". I told Jeff to get him out of bed. We took him into the living room and sat him on the couch with us. After about 30 seconds he got the strangest look on his face. It was at this time that I actually took note that he was talking in his sleep. We were just so concerned that he might be having a reaction to some medication, that we psyched ourselves out. When all the while he was having a pleasant dream about Sponge Bob, the Krusty Krab and eating Krabby Patties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job, you probly scarred him for life. Haven't you heard you are not supposed to wake a sleep walker/talker?! My big boy has done this too. Only he usually is upset & crying about things like "marshmallows" Hmmm.
Post a Comment