Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I've done it again.
I spent most of this afternoon running around the house trying to get things cleaned up and together enough that I would feel fairly comfortable leaving for the weekend. In the hustle and bustle Parker had a dentist appointment that I had to pull him out of school for. We headed over to the dentist office and he did the required swish and spit routine, while I studied for history. After the appointment we jumped in the truck and headed for the grocery store to fill an Rx for fluoride. (Obviously the appointment didn't go as well as I had hoped.) So as we are driving down the highway to the store I'm talking to Parker about our little plan to get things done before he and Natalie go a Halloween party at 6:00. When I finished the conversation that evidently included a lot of "mama" wants this, and "mama" wants that, I began to sing in a very loud and obnoxious voice. Once we got to the store we headed for the pharmacy and then began shopping. We were there about 15 minutes when I get a text on my phone. It was a friend from school informing me that she had the funniest voicemail from my phone and that I "so did not know" what was going on. This struck my curiosity and I had to ask a few questions. All being said, she heard me talking to Parker and worst of all...she heard me singing. My awful, tone def, completely out of pitch voice. And to make it all worse, she saved it. I'm praying this is only for my benefit so I can have a real good laugh, but my fears are that it will be shared with those far outside my personal circle (which pretty much just includes me). At least the majority won't know who I am. So a few small lessons have been learned. 1. Don't put your cell phone in your pocket when climbing into a truck. 2. Only keep the phone numbers of those you trust the most in your phone. (Not that I don't trust her) 3. I really should stop singing in the car, even if it is just me and the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahaha! A friend of mine at work let me listen to something just like that...I thought that it sounded like you! :)
.....just kidding!
At least you were not yelling at your kids (I think all you would have heard were sirens). Funny! Better go check the internet for your "secretly recorded voice mail of a frazzled mother".
Yeah, we heard it on YouTube last night. Loved it!
Post a Comment