Thursday, March 19, 2009

The worst spring break ever.

Well, the weather feels like spring. The sun is out. There are kids out of school, walking up and down our street, but yet I have to say I am very very disappointed. Usually I work during spring break so having the time off just for the kids really didn't mean anything but a higher daycare bill. I was looking forward to this one because I would actually have time to get caught up on a few things and was hoping to get out of town even if it was for a little while. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Bronchitis. I do have to say that I really lucked out this time actually having doctors appointments on Tuesday because that is when I really needed to go in. The evil antibiotics started with a bang and began with hives instead of ending with them. On a good note, at least I got to switch early on. After 2 days of sitting in a chair I wasn't able to sit still any longer and got up to do a little repair work on the shack. (Maybe I should call it a cottage). Among the list of things to do, fill the concrete where the kitchen/bathroom is separating from the rest of the house into the abyss we call the backyard and finish painting the bathroom door that Natalie so lovingly started nearly 2 years ago. I can only check one of those off because I'm really not happy with the floor situation and my own shotty work. Now here it is Thursday, no energy, wanting to sleep, keep coughing, crazy for even attempting the aforementioned chores and all at the same time wanting my kitchen wall painted. Yes, the only wall that didn't get painted before we moved in. I'm dragging myself around the kitchen. Moving the table, washing the wall, I'm almost ready, BUT I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT. I've been thinking about that wall for the last 2 hours. What if it doesn't ever get painted? Should I paint the window frame red or would that look tacky? What about the back door? Should I paint that too? Needless to say, the one thing I know for sure is that the paint is not going on today. Any plans I had for a fun and exciting time earlier this week are just distant memories and I have no plans in the future. This means I have nothing to look forward to except more school and painting. What has my life come to? One day I'm going somewhere I don't need to, to do something I probably shouldn't and I'll like it! That's right, I'll like it! (And it won't involve paint!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stinky for sure. I thought of the days when all we had to do were plan a tan. Aaah where the heck are they now?! I was wondering why you never called for a BBQ or a newly-modified-because-of-your distaste-for-Meat-VQ. Hope the sicky takes a vacay real quick. Call when the caugh & the wind die down, eh?