Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mmmm tastes like jerky.

After several weeks in anatomy we have finally gotten to the point where we don't really have to look at faces anymore. Instead we get to open hearts and poke around lungs. I have some beautiful pictures of my cadaver friends but have made the choice not to post them as they are a little disturbing to some. After much touching and feeling inside the chest cavities and arms I can finally distinguish between nerves, veins and arteries and since stopping the evil medicine that makes me lose my mind I'm actually remembering the names of most of them. I think I am actually starting to enjoy anatomy lab although the smell is sometimes a little to much. You would think that they would refrigerate the cadavers but evidently they don't have to. I would have thought with all the alumni from Dixie that someone would have donated a fridge. I guess until that happens we will suffer like those before us.

At the moment I am suffering from an aversion to meat. Last night we BBQ'd steak and after a few bites I was having flashbacks accompanied with a little gagging. I wanted to start naming the parts. A lot of what I've seen looks like Jerky and I've pretty much stricken Jerky from my food list for the rest of my life. I suspect the rest of the meats will make it back on the list but for now I think I'll get my protein through a protein shake or disguise it with some fabulous garnish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like we will have a veggieQ instead if we are so lucky as to get your hiney over to our hoss Eh?! Make me vomit.