Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Snake

The day started out great. We went to the 24th of July Parade and watched the kids go down the street with their Primary in the Parade. After that I headed for work and Jeff and the kids went about whatever they were going to do for the day. Little did I know they would be leaving for a hike a few miles out of town. They hiked about a mile from the truck and the kids took their shoes off to play in the water. Jeff was stepping over a small rock when a snake struck the back of his left leg. He was trying not to panic but he had to get the kids out of there quickly and they didn't want to get their shoes on. You know how kids are. They all hiked backed to the truck with a wrong turn but finally got back to Hurricane
Well about 12:00 I get a call from Jeff telling me he's been bit by a snake and that he is at the Instacare in Hurricane, it is closed but he is not sure if it is for lunch or the holiday. So I leave work, drive to Hurricane and find him sitting in the parking lot. Needless to say that is when I found out it was a rattlesnake and we drove to the emergency room in St. George. His leg swelled up to twice the size it normally is and he was in the hospital for 5 days. Jeff loves hospital food now and has a new venomous attitude. All from the snake I'm sure. He won't tell you so but I think he's secretly proud of rattlesnake bite scar.




No comments: